10 ideas to have fun in Nafplio with the children
The city may be considered ideal for couples, but surely there are many things to do here, if you come with your children.
Shortly before your excursion, make sure to plan your stay at a central kids' friendly hotel, such as the welcoming Latini Family Hotel in the beautiful Filellinon Square. Having the hotel as your base, you will be able to move easily and quickly to anywhere in the city and possibly realize the following ideas:
1. Children, wherever they may be, even in the most spectacular city of the world, they have constantly one thing in mind: to play! Get them to play at the municipal playground located in "Enedakti" crossroad, or in the smaller one, near the lighthouse in the harbor, at the end of the coastal road. More centrally, you may also go in the "Kapodistrias" Square Park, behind the imposing statue of the Grand Governor.
2. For smaller ones, the best option is an enclosed organized playground, which will also give you the opportunity to enjoy your coffee while they are keeping themselves busy in the inflatable toys.
3. If you have balls with you and skipping ropes, children also spend perfect time in Syntagma square. There you also have the option to visit the Archaeological Museum, before or after playing.
4. A great place to play is the open space of multiplex "Fougaro", where several seminars and workshops for children are organized.
Another place ideal for kids to play, that both young and old really love going, is the coffee-restaurant named "Propolis", in Staikopoulos Square. There you can enjoy your coffee or "tsipouro" under the trees, while the little ones play carefree next to you. Perfect occasion to talk to them about the Land Gate, which is situated there, and about the hero of the revolution Staikos Staikopoulos.
5. Why gaze Bourtzi castle from afar, while you can get into the boat with your children and find yourself in a few minutes on the castle, with the exquisite view? They will love it!
6. Climb onto the little train, that all children love, or on the tourist "Hop on-Hop off" bus - from the top floor you will see all the sights and you will take great pictures! If you do not wish to be among many people, a nice idea is to rent a "Funbike" or get a few municipal bicycles and pedal around the city.
7. The most athletic of you, wake up one morning and climb up the stairs to Palamidi castle - on foot of course! Take water and snacks with you for the children and when you get there, the view and fresh air will totally reward you.
8. Give children disposable cameras and stroll the city streets and the alleys of "Psaromachala" (the old upper neighborhood of fishermen). You will be impressed by the photo shootings of the little photographers!
9. When kids get hungry, your choices are many. You can select the popular ones, such as souvlaki, pizza or greek cuisine, while falafel, chinese cuisine or sushi will offer them a different taste experience.
As for sweets, yes, an ice cream cone would be nice, even in the winter, while you can also choose fluffy waffles, crepes and delicious donuts.
10. Visit or ask "Discover Nafplio" about activities organized especially for children and families, and spend the most fun time together!